- Check web sites of individual workshops for deadlines
- Finalized papers due to AAAI Press: August 24, 2014
For additional information, please contact the workshops chair Emmett Tomai or the organizers of the workshops.
Experimental AI in Games Workshop
The Experimental AI in Games (EXAG) workshop aims to foster and celebrate innovative applications of AI to all aspects of games and game development. EXAG solicits submissions of position papers arguing for new roles of AI in games, prototypes or works-in-progress of experimental applications of AI in games and game creation, and descriptions of new kinds of games and interactive experiences using AI.
- Alex Zook (Entertainment
Intelligence Lab, Georgia Institute of Technology; email@example.com)
- Mike Cook (Computational Creativity Group, Goldsmiths, University of London; firstname.lastname@example.org)
3rd International Workshop on Musical Metacreation
Thanks to continued progress in artistic and scientific research, a new possibility has emerged in our musical relationship with technology: Generative Music or Musical Metacreation, the design and use of computer music systems which are "creative on their own". Metacreation involves using tools and techniques from artificial intelligence, artificial life, and machine learning, themselves often inspired by cognitive and life sciences. Musical Metacreation suggests exciting new opportunities to enter creative music making: discovery and exploration of novel musical styles and content, collaboration between human performers and creative software "partners", and design of systems in gaming and entertainment that dynamically generate or modify music.
MUME brings together artists, practitioners and researchers interested in developing systems that autonomously (or interactively) recognize, learn, represent, compose, complete, accompany, or interpret music. As such, we welcome contributions to the theory or practice of generative music systems and their applications in new media, digital art, and entertainment at large. Join us at MUME2014 and take part in the exciting spirit of this growing community!
- Philippe Pasquier (School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT), Simon Fraser University, Canada; email@example.com)
- Arne Eigenfeldt (School for the Contemporary Arts, Simon Fraser University, Canada; firstname.lastname@example.org,)
- Oliver Bown (Design Lab, Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning, The University of Sydney, Australia; email@example.com)
- Nicolas Gonzalez Thomas (School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT), Simon Fraser University, Canada)
Intelligent Narrative Technologies Workshop